Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Gone Girl

I know, you've forgotten who I am because it's been ages since I posted last. Ages.

But it's been winter break and I've been allowed to read again!

The book Gone Girl was recommended to me by a friend who told me that she questioned the author's mindset. After reading it, I was questioning the author's mindset as well. It's a great read - read it in two days - because you honestly don't know what's coming next and you spend pages trying to fit together these two different versions of a story.


Gone Girl is about Nick and Amy, a clever couple who have been married for five years. On the day of their fifth anniversary, Amy goes missing and a search ensues. The book details the thoughts of Nick and Amy before and during the time she is gone. I don't usually like crime-y novels, but this wasn't mostly about the crime. This was more like a psychological suspense novel. 

A great read; the pages won't turn fast enough!

7 comments:

  1. I liked this book....not as much as everyone else did, I think. Movie version is being directed by Reese Witherspoon.

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked this book and I also questioned what the author was thinking. It was kinda crazy!

    Swimming into Second

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a good one!!!!!! Very suspenseful...couldn't wait to get to the end....

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought that book, can't wait to read it:) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it's going well! It's such a page-turner!

      Delete
  5. I just read this book, and all I can say is WOW!

    ReplyDelete