Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Giver by Lois Lowry

The Giver by Lois Lowry was published in 1993. Why havent I already found this awesome author? If you read Margaret Peterson Haddixs Among the Brave series, youll enjoy this.
This is also a futuristic account of a community where everything (and I do mean everything!) is regulated. At age 12, children are given their life assignments. Jonas's assignment is The Receiver. There hasn't been one in ten years and he's frightened!

Students love this book. I had to be put on the waiting list at my school. I cant wait to read the next book The Messenger.

Try it out! Youll love it!

♥ Melly

2 comments:

  1. Have you read her book Number the Stars. It is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last book in the Giver series just came out last fall - terrific books! All four in the series.
    Jan T.

    ReplyDelete